How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A year ago I ordered and was charged for flowers which did

This answer was rated:

A year ago I ordered and was charged for flowers which did not arrive; the address for delivery was in Geneva and the was Flora Queen who seem to operate from Spain.......? Their website appears to make it impossible for actual/personal contact if not satisfied. I got so far with 'them' asking for my but it got no further. £50. or so is not total ruin, but that they are so protected from proper complaints and claims for sums taken but an order not delivered is frustrating.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Did you pay by credit card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my credit card people - Lloyds MasterCard - cannot help me apparently; can I 'try' them again at this late date?

Does that mean you did pay by credit card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I did pay by Credit card - but a year ago...........

You actually do not have S75 CCA protection anyway because this is a purchase for under £100.
Sometimes they will claw it back though. I know they have their own internal time limits that seem to be appointed entirely at their discretion. However, you could complain about their refusal to do that to the Financial Ombudsman.
In relation to preventing further charges, just tell them the card has been compromised and you want them to issue a new one which is absolutely true upon your account above.
In terms of reclaiming the sum, if they are based in Spain then it is not cost effective to sue. Even with European enforcement powers it is just not worth it. If there is any address in the UK then you could use that to issue.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you