How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6466
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I've injured my shoulder at work last dec I have a number of

This answer was rated:

I've injured my shoulder at work last dec I have a number of treatments on it I am now waiting to go to see a specialist at hospital which I have been advised is for surgery on the shoulder. How do I go about putting a claim in at work
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Was the accident due to an issue at work such as faulty equipment or a lack of training?

Customer: I was supporting a gentleman who tripped & grabbed my arm to stop himself falling
taratill :

Ok thanks was this noted in the accident book?

Customer: Yes
Customer: Incident forms filled in & a&e visit
taratill :

Great. You need to contact your employer to say that you intend to bring a claim for the injury. You should tell them to contact their insurer to notify them of a potential claim. You will then need to seek the support of a solicitor to put the claim it. If you have household insurance this often covers free legal adfvice so look at this policy first. Alternatively there are lots of companies that offer personal injury law on a no -win no fee basis.

Customer: Thank you for your help
taratill :

No problem, I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer and all the best for the future.

Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you