How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I received a speeding ticket for doing 37 in a 30 area. My

This answer was rated:

I received a speeding ticket for doing 37 in a 30 area. My car was SORN at the time as I had not had time to re-tax it. I have not had any other offence issued other that the speeding ticket. Should I just immediately pay it to close the case or can I opt for a Safe Driving course and run the risk that they realise that the vehicle was SORN?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
To be wholly honest, whichever option you choose would not make much difference. They are not more likely to check because you take the Safe Driving option.
The police do not generally check that anyway. It is down to the DVLA.
If anything actually the DVLA are more likely to notice if points have to be added to your licence than if you take the safe driving option but it is still a possibility.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo,

So I might as well go for the safe driving option and hope the DVLA don't notice?



That is what I would do.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Fingers crossed! Innocent

No problem.
All the best.