How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10737
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

A and own a property that is registered. A dies and there

This answer was rated:

A and B own a property that is registered. A dies and there is a trustee restriction. There is no grant of probate but can B appoint her own trustees to overcome the trustee restriction?

Hi again,

You are indeed correct. The legal title has passed to A, and so that a sufficient receipt for Sale monies can be given to the Buyer, A merely needs to appoint a second Trustee in the Land Registry Transfer, and this second Trustee will just need to sign the Transfer together with A. A's Solicitor could be this second Trustee.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. So for the avoidance of doubt the grant of probate for A would not be required?


Correct- Probate is not required for the Sale whatsoever.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you