How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi,I have recently split up with my partner of 7 years,having

Customer Question

Hi,I have recently split up with my partner of 7 years,having brought a vehicle with inheritance money left to me,she is refusing to give the car back. The car is logged to her and the insurance is now in her name but the payment of the car was from myself,bank statements ie.paper trail to show where the money came from £14,200.It was in her name due to the distance she had to travel for work and I used her old landrover having to only travel a v short distance. What can I do to get my car/inheritance back? Also she has left most of her items in the house,but not contributing majorly to the household bills,,c/tax,food etc for the last 4-8 months,due to her resigning her job, is she legally allowed to come into the house and take"bits and bobs"when she likes? and can I trade her "stuff"legally for the car?Thankyou for your time.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Whose name is ***** ***** receipt?