How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

After a house fire in June I purchased two toddler beds from

This answer was rated:

After a house fire in June I purchased two toddler beds from argos for my twin girls. with in a weeks of having them one broke hurting my daughter. It was taken back to store where we explained what happened showed them picture of where it hurt my daughter, thinking it was a one off we agreed to having the bed replaced. in September it broke again this time my daughter who is disabled was sat on the bed and it terrified her. I contacted customer services who said I had to take the bed back to store and fill in a hazard form about both incidences and to sort out an acceptable solution. it was several weeks before I could get a car to be able to take it back. The store manager that day was very rude she didn't have a hazard form so just wrote it down on a piece of paper she wouldn't take notice of the first time it broke hurting my daughter and wouldn't take note that this time it involved my disabled daughter. She refused a refund to my card as it was my fathers card used to pay for them I explained he was in hosp with cancer but that made no difference all she could do was give us a gift card. When I got home I contacted customer services about the service instore they rang one of the other managers who said it was dealt with wrong, they agreed to pay the difference to upgrade the beds and that he would inform the manager of the situation for when we went in. When we got there she knew nothing about it. The was only one bed in the next price range so I had no choice but I asked for delivery. I was told Id get a call within two days and 10days later I was still waiting. I rang customer services to complain and cancel the order. I said I wanted a refund which I was told I would have by today at the latest and I haven't. I asked to know when the hazard team would contacted me and was told by the end of last weekend and still nothing. They also it would have tobe the hazard team to offer compensation for the fact my kids have been with out a bed since September. I have emailed customer services to find out what is going on and have had no response. I don't know what to do now.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
So, in short, you have agreed a replacement but you actually want a refund?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I ad agreed to them making up the difference for an upgrade and was told id get it within a couple of days and nearly two weeks later didn't have them so said forget it id rather have the money and go somewhere else

Was it agreed that time was of the essence?
Did you use those specific words?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no he specific words but I made it very clear my daughters had to be in beds within a couple of days

I am sorry.
I have just noticed that you were displeased with my previous answers.
I will opt out for another.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't kno when I have said I was displeased with previous answers

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I see the previous expert has opted out. Do you still need help and if so what would you like to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yea I do. I need to know how to make argos give me my refund and if I can get any form of compensation due to the stress and fact my kids have been without a bed since sept

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you