How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I want to stay enforcement of a judgment and spread out the

This answer was rated:

I want to stay enforcement of a judgment and spread out the payments. How can I do this? Will I get a CCJ while making payments?
Thank you for your question.
You have to apply to the court for a stay of execution. You can read more about this here:
By definition a stay of execution relates to a judgement already granted so there will be a CCJ on record.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It has gone on for nearly a year. I lost the appeal on 13 November 2014 having had the stay lifted on that day. How long have I got before avoiding ccj?
If You pay within 30 days, the CCJ’s entry in the Register of Judgments, Fines and Defaults will be removed and the CCJ will not damage your credit record.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you