How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71154
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

The man who sexually assaulted me is breaking his bail conditions,

This answer was rated:

The man who sexually assaulted me is breaking his bail conditions, by coming to my house and harassing me in various ways. But the Police say they need evidence. I don't sleep at night. Please help. Rosie x
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What would you like to know?
I need to know what your question is about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My question is why wont the Police arrest him for breaking his bail conditions and harassing me between 2and 4 am? He knocks on the window, presses his face to the bedroom window etc. Rosie x
Well, obviously I haven't had vision of this case but the explanation they have given is most likely to be accurate.
They need evidence to prosecute people. They can't act without it.
Your allegation is a piece of evidence on it's own but it would seem that without more they find it insufficient.
If it is just loitering then that would not necessarily amount to harassment but might be a breach of bail depending on the conditions of his bail.
But they need evidence. If he is sent yo court and the breach is not proven then that weakens the entire allegation against him.
Also do bear in mind it gives him a potential claim against you. It is very news topical at the moment.
I am sorry but the police can only do what is humanly possible and they need sound evidence to charge a person.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you