How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71133
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi 6 fifteen year old boys arrived at my house this evening

This answer was rated:

6 fifteen year old boys arrived at my house this evening whilst my son was having a get together with 10 of his friends.
One of his 'friends' let them in and one of the boys started to damage and hit the table tennis table in a violent manner with the table tennis bat.
I was made aware of the situation, saw the boy doing it and grabbed him by the back of the next neck for about 2 seconds and then pushed him out of my house via the back door.
Bit nervous now that I could be done for common assault?
What should I do
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Did you ask him to leave before doing this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry but I am afraid that is a common assault. You are entitled to ask him to leave your property and if he refuses to use force but applying force immediately is not lawful.
Whether he will report it or jot is another matter. People often do not. They will know that their own conduct was not the best and they may know that this was a common assault.
I am very sorry but I have to give you the other
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Truthful information.
Can I clarify anything for you? Jo