How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12074
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have an account with Optionrally in Zurich, who are withholding

Customer Question

I have an account with Optionrally in Zurich, who are withholding my funds after I have asked to withdraw it all. Can I take legal action through their UK office for the release of my money?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
If the branch office in London is a trading address of the same legal entity in Zurich, as opposed to being a subsidiary company for example, then you can generally take action in the UK against them.
The only exception to that would be if there was a contractual term between you and them that restricted jurisdiction to a particular country's law or court system. You might want to check your paperwork to see whether this is the case.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.