How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My local council are selling the house next door to me to my

This answer was rated:

My local council are selling the house next door to me to my neighbours from hell, we have been sending in diary sheets for over six years about them.And when I asked why they were selling the house to them they said that we hadn't complained about them for three years? We told the council that we had copy's of the diary sheets with signatures of housing offices on some of them, they said thet they have lost them in a recent office move. We cannot believe that this has opened the door to let this family continue to make our lives hell forever, they haven't even signed for the house yet, and already are DIY'ing into the late hours. There must be something we can do, please help us !
PS I was assaulted by her sister two years ago in my own home and I had to make a complaint to the police as they said it wasn't serious.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know what in particular they are doing?

Customer: Loud music, shouting threats,DIY'ing at night, banging around inside the house
Alex Watts :

Ok - why are the Council not doing anything about it?

Customer: That's what I keep asking the council
Alex Watts :

Ok you can do several things.

Alex Watts :

The Council can take out an Anti Social Behaviour Injunction

Alex Watts :

1) You should report the complain to the Council's Chief Officer

Alex Watts :

They will investigate the matter and why the issue has not been dealt with

Alex Watts :

They will report back to you. If you are not happy then you can 2) complain to the Local Government Ombudsman

Alex Watts :

They regulate Councils and can investigate your complaint. They are free, independent and can examine the complaint. Their website is:

Alex Watts :

3) You can also complain to your local Councillor. They are elected by you and should deal with any local issues for you

Alex Watts :

4) Finally you can take the Council or tenants to Court. This may be expensive and you would need a Solicitor to assist you, but this is the final option

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: thank you
Alex Watts :

Does this answer the question for you?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you