How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was born in the uk, can I file for my mother 82 yrs old to

Customer Question

I was born in the uk, can I file for my mother 82 yrs old to stay with me here in the uk indefinitely she currently is living in Jamaica what is the cost?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You may sponsor her for an Elderly Dependant Relative Visa if she requires long term personal care from you to help her carry out day to day tasks such as cooking, cleaning etc. and there is no one back home to help her with this.

The fee for this type of visa is 1982 pounds.

The visa is complicated and I would suggest that you retain an immigration lawyer to assist with the application.

See here for more information on this type of visa:

May I help further?