How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My children were born in England but emigrated to Australia

This answer was rated:

My children were born in England but emigrated to Australia in 2002 with their mother. There is a UK child support court order dated 2002, subsequently the Australian CSA have raised their own demands, which order or demand do I adhere to?
Many thanks
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where do you live?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live in England my children live in Australia

In that case it is the Australian system that you now need to work with as there is a reciprocal arrangement in place with the UK CSA enabling their assessments to be enforced over here.
the CSA assessment has replaced the Child Maintenance part of any court order.
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you