How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71030
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, My name is***** was informed this pm that my wife got

This answer was rated:

Hi, My name is***** was informed this pm that my wife got arrested as she breached the work policy. I am from India and I am really dont know what is heppening and I am much concerned now- can you pls advise what to do now ?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What are you hoping to do about this?
What do you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am on Tier2 ICT visa and she is my dependent. SHe has right to work in the UK she is working with 99p stores ltd and she has recently joined Angrad which staffs the Royal mail resources. She is planning to resign 99p and continue with Royal mail but she never ovver worked I mean above 40 hrs a week. I really dont understand why she got arrested. Can I appraoch police station and explain the situation ? any other options like bail etc.

You can always phone the police station but they won't tell you anything. They have to respect her confidentiality.
What they can do is pass a message onto her from you and she will have the option to phone you.
The only other place you could get information from is possibly her solicitor. They should not speak to you without her authority but, of course, she might very well be willing to agree to that.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My wife doesnot have any solicitator - When Police phoned me, I did ask him that i need to speak to my wife once but they did not allow for that - what should I do ? Do i need to dial 101 to speak to police ? how to request them to make her contact me?

You can get through to custody by dialing 101.
They won't get her out of a cell immediately to speak to you. There are lots of hazards at a police station that mean they cannot do that.
But they will ultimately get her out if she wants to speak to you.
Just ask them to ask her to call you. There is a provision under PACE to allow them to hold people in communicado but it is not commonly exercised.