How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hello, I'm trying to make an application for a European

Customer Question

I'm trying to make an application for a European Enforcement Order for my claim of divorce costs.
Form N252 has been served by post and email together with the Bill of Costs, but due to a lack of response I obtained a Default Costs Certificate.
Further to the application for an EEO the judge has additionally requested for a certificate of service form to show the service of the documents prior to when the Default Costs Certificate was issued.
As this was out of jurisdiction, am I still able to submit form N215, or would it have to be form N510?
If N510, could you possibly let me help me fill it out please?
Many thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Alex Watts : if you have served outside the jurisdiction then you would complete form n510
Alex Watts : so yes N519
Alex Watts : N510
Alex Watts : can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer :

Thank you, ***** ***** help me with which box I would need to tick on it please?

Customer :

I think it should be this one but not sure:

Customer :

In proceedings to which

rule 6.33(2)(b)(ii) applies, the statement is —

“I state that the [High Court of England and Wales] [ County Court]

has power under the Judgments Regulation (as defined in CPR rule 6.31(d)), the claim being

one to which article 22 of that Regulation applies, to hear this claim and that no proceedings

are pending between the parties in the courts of any other part of the United Kingdom or any

other Member State.”

Alex Watts : Where are they located?
Customer :

The defendant is based in the Netherlands

Alex Watts : Yes that is the right one. Does that help?
Customer :

Thanks, ***** ***** sure that's it's not any one of the other options?

Customer :

Also, what do I put down which court? I don't think I've ever heard the Senior Courts Costs Office being referred to as the Country Court before...

Alex Watts : You put down the court the proceedings are at and cross out high court
Alex Watts : does that clairfy?
Customer :

Do I need to send this to the Master together with the documents that have already been served, or does it have to be served on the Defendant again?

Alex Watts : No you just send it to the court.
Alex Watts : is that ok.
Customer :

Thanks, ***** ***** very concerned about the part of the form that says "Where a claim form for service on a defendant out of the jurisdiction under rule 6.34 is not accompanied by this form, the claim form may only be served once this form is filed with the court or if the court gives permission (rule 6.34(2)).

Customer :

I've already served the claim form without this form N510

Customer :

Rule 6.34 seems contradicting.

Customer :

Would explain a bit more please?

Alex Watts :

Don't worry about that because the rule goes onto say that the Court can give permission

Alex Watts :

So if the Court asks for the N510 in effect it is giving you permission by asking for the N510 before allowing the case further.

Alex Watts :

Do not get too confused in the detail

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: