How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I am the primary carer for my 93 year old mother. This prevents

This answer was rated:

I am the primary carer for my 93 year old mother. This prevents me from working. I am married to a Thai national who has 2 sons. I would like to bring them to the UK. Am I, as a carer, exempt from the income requirements presently in force or do I have to make a choice to care for my mother or wife ? Thank you
LondonlawyerJ :

I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you wit this.

LondonlawyerJ :

Are you in receipt of any of these benefits?

Carer’s Allowance.
Disability Living Allowance.
Severe Disablement Allowance.
Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
Attendance Allowance.
Personal Independence Payment.
Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the
Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension
under the War Pensions Scheme.


Carers Allowance

LondonlawyerJ :

You will need to show that you have adequate maintenance rather than the full income test. If you show you are on Carers Allowance that may be sufficient in itself. Follow this link and go to section 3.6 for full details.

LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you