How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

My wife has been employed by her company for 14yrs 9 months

This answer was rated:

My wife has been employed by her company for 14yrs 9 months as a catering assistant.
In may 2015 her employers are moving premises and are outsourcing the catering but they say that if my wife does not go to the new caterers she will not be entitled to a reduncancy payment. As they are closing the canteen and no employment position will be available for her I was under the impression that this would result in redundancy. can you confirm.
Many thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Will the new caterer operate from the same locatoin?

JACUSTOMER-dzalw2b9- :

Yes they will operate from her employers new offices

Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Hi if the new caterer are offering the same service from the same location then her employer is right that she will not be entitled to a redundancy payment. This is becaause her employment will transfer under the TUPE regulations. If she chooses not to take the role it will be a resignation and no redundancy will be payable.
Full details of the situation can be found at
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks for your reply

No problem all the best to your wife.