How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

On Saturday after the final whistle at the Blackburn vs leeds

This answer was rated:

On Saturday after the final whistle at the Blackburn vs leeds football match I was pushed over by a police officer. This caused me to fall, cut my head loose quite a lot of blood and loose a gold watch. Officer would not give me his number but I took it down to be either 2064 or 2046. What should I do. My e mail is *****@******.***

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to help you with this.


Did the police officer have any reason that you could see to push you over, was there any disorder happening at the time?

JACUSTOMER-l1ep72v1- : There had been some disorder before but not at the time. I was asking why Leeds fans were been kept behind as we had a bus to catch
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As above I was at no time involved in any of the disorder

OK what you need to do is use the IPCC website and go to the Lancashire section and initially make a compaint about the office to the loval constabulary. Bear in mind that football grounds often have v good cctv coverage so if there is any risk of anything being on that CCTV that could be a problem for you do not do this. Initially you should complain directly to the Lancs police. If you have any injuries get the m photographed. If there were any witnesses get in touch with them and get them to write out what they saw happen. The sooner the better. You should start with this complaint and if (as is likely) you don't get satisfaction consider he IPCC or bringing a legal action for compensation.