How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71129
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I got stopped by a policeman for speeding and got a ticket

This answer was rated:

I got stopped by a policeman for speeding and got a ticket for 3 points and £100 fine. i took my driving licence to the police station and paid the fine within a week. i chased my driving licence after 7 weeks. i received a fixed penalty collection order for £150 this weekend. i checked my licence online and found they have put the date in wrong for the offence and have also miss typed the ref number. I get a letter from the court today saying the payment had been sitting in the suspense account as it did not automatically match up to my notice. this letter also states the wrong date and ref number. Do i have a case to appeal and get my points and money back as i was not driving on the day they have now put on my licence?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You do have a case to demand that they correct the details but not to get the conviction removed.
They have a duty under the DPA to maintain the correct data upon you and your licence.
However, if you have accepted the fixed penalty then you have admitted that offence and all they have to do is correct the conviction on your record.
If the matter has been sent to court then you can appeal but there is no point because they will just correct the details upon appeal.
I am sorry but the days when things were removed that easily have gone in the UK.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you