How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am Hungarian citizen, with Hungarian passport,living in Romania.

This answer was rated:

I am Hungarian citizen, with Hungarian passport,living in Romania. I have a job offer lasting for 5 years and the company asks me to have a proof of right to a permanent residence in UK ( certificate of occupancy). What I have to do, because I knew I do not need that, being actually employed to another company from 15 months.I also have a NINO.

As a Hungarian Passport Holder, you are free to live and work in the UK, you do not require any permanent residence card or another residence card. All you need is a valid Hungarian passport.

I would suggest that you refer your UK employer to page 48 of this document:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you