How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10779
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Does an Enduring Power of Attorney need to be registered at

This answer was rated:

Does an Enduring Power of Attorney need to be registered at the Office of the Public Guardian?

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

An EPA does need to be registered at the OPG, when the Attorney(s) believe that the Donor has or is becoming mentally incapable of managing their affairs. There is no strict time as to when it should be registered- the Attorney(s) basically have to use their common sense as to whether the Donor has or is losing mental capacity.

While the EPA is being registered, the EPA becomes invalid and once it has been registered and stamed by the OPG the Attorney(s) can then use the EPA again.

The following website provides the necessary Forms required-

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you