How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i am being denied access to my great grandchildren by the social

Customer Question

i am being denied access to my great grandchildren by the social services because i have criminal record for sex offece plus a soppo issued by acourt. this can be altered tho by having the order changed. my family want me to have access to the children. i have contacted the social services but they are not replying to my letters. we have made it clear to them that supervised access would be welcome.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?
When were you convicted?
Have the parents asked permission?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4,2,2,6months. jan,2009. their parents did ask but they were denied me any contact at all.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Did the offences for which you were convicted involve children?