How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I need to register a company to act as a trustee for a trust.

This answer was rated:

I need to register a company to act as a trustee for a trust. Are there special articles and memo, or will a standard set be suitable?
Alex J. :

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome.

Alex J. :

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Alex J. :

Companies formed after October 2009 - do not have objects in the memorandums anymore.

Alex J. :

If the only purpose of the company is to hold property on behalf of a trust and act as a trustee then standard Model Articles should suffice.

Alex J. :

I would only mention that you could put in provisions that restrict the company's activity for example not allow it to trade or borrow money - but this is not essential.


Thats very clear and understood. Thank you.

Alex J. :

You should also consider including a provision that says the company can be wound up if the trust ceases to exist.

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you