How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12082
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hello, iwould like some information regarding my next door

This answer was rated:

Hello, iwould like some information regarding my next door neibougher she is almost eighty years old she is a spinster no children and no living relations she is in fact all alone.We have been very good friends i done lots of jobs for her over the years . about a year and a half ago she began getting lunch deliverd five days aweek the dinner lady has built up a big so called friendship the lady has wormed her way into her confidence of my neibougher , she came into our house and told us she had made the dinner lady her executor of her will what a shock in recent times Kathy has become very timid and unable to make choises and i have done some some banking work for her any problems she had she would ask us we feel she has been vulnerable and sh has been coerced cajoled what can i do to resolve the situation
Thank you for your question.
This is indeed a worrying situation. It is quite common for the contracts of employment of people who work with the elderly to provide a prohibition on them acting as executor or attorney or from roving a legacy over a particular amount. You may want to get in touch with this person's employer.
You may also want to consider becoming your friend's attorney which would give you powers to request the will from whoever is holding it.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12082
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
In fact if you have concerns the appropriate way forward is to report your concerns to the Adult section of the Social Services.
This is a more appropriate way of dealing with the matter than approaching her employers which could be viewed as harassment