How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I paid £1126 for materials in May to a bathroom specialist

This answer was rated:

I paid £1126 for materials in May to a bathroom specialist who didn't turn up to perform the work and who is now not responding to phone calls/texts and his email address is undeliverable. His company Install 123 Ltd in Northampton shows as having dormant accounts online and the address online is different to the address on his card. How can I pursue the money?
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : By what method did you pay for the materials please?

I paid online via internet banking

Alex Watts : Do you know the address of the specialist ?

The address on his business card just says St Michael's Mount, Northampton with a postcode but the address online for Install 123 Ltd is 49 King Edward Road, Northampton

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Bearing in mind I don't know his address I only have an address for his business online should I send it there, as it may be his partners address?

Alex Watts :

Yes send it there. I would

Alex Watts :

Does that help?


Yes, thanks

Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else for you?
Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.

If the system won’t let you please click reply.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you