How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10737
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Just completed on a house this week and they said in the contract

This answer was rated:

Just completed on a house this week and they said in the contract the rubbish would be removed, it has not at least a large skip full, now my solicitor tells me i need to pay to sue them! why did i employ the firm if they drew up the contract, but it does not now stand for anything!! what are my options please ?

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I'm afraid you have paid your Solicitor to act for you in in the purchase of the property, as opposed to any problems post completion.

However, your Solicitor should be good enough to write to the Seller's Solicitors, sending a copy of your skip hire invoice and requesting reimbursement on your behalf.

I would certainly do this free of charge for clients, on the basis that it is only 1 letter that is required. I must say, however, even if suc a letter is sent, tere is no guarantee that the Seller will be good enough to reimburse you.

If your Solicitor is not decent enough to send a letter, I am afraid your only option is to issue small claims court proceedings against the Seller. You would need teir forwarding address to enable you to issue proceedings, and my

not really be worth the hassle.

Post completion breaches of Contracts are very hard to resolve on a cheap and practical level.

I am sorry I can't give you a more magical solution.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you