How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12079
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

In scots law, if someone seeks to expose my adulterous behaviour

This answer was rated:

In scots law, if someone seeks to expose my adulterous behaviour to eg family, friends and work colleagues, would I have recocourse to any defence or compensation to defend my reputation even if the claims made are true and supported with ample evidence. NB blackmail is not involved.
Thank you for your question.
No, I'm afraid not. You can't sue for damages for defamation where the statements made about you are true.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What if they go a bit over the top and tell a lot of people?

It doesn't matter how many people they tell.