How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My neighbour wants me to transfer part of my land to him. Which

This answer was rated:

My neighbour wants me to transfer part of my land to him. Which falls within a Freehold title that is owned by both of us. The area of land is also subject to my leasehold title which is owned just by me. I understand that the Freehold title can be transferred over quite easily by a TP1 but how can I 'chop off' a bit of my Leasehold title?
Hi again.
Thanks for getting back in touch.
As your "former leasehold interest" will also have a Title number, so the Solicitor would prepare a TP1 for this interest, in a similar fashion to the TP1 for the Freehold, but the Transferor will be you alone.
I hope this helps.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So it is possible to transfer part of a Leasehold title?

As you also own the freehold, your neighbour's Solicitor will probably merge his client's leasehold interest into the freehold, so yes, it certainly can be done.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK noted although the leasehold interest that covers part of that land is actually under my leasehold title.

Hi again,
If you do want to make it simpler and tidier, you can always apply to the Land Registry yourself to merge the Leasehold into the Freehold. You would need to send the Land Registry CN1 Form and this can be done, even though the Leasehold is in your sole name.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you