How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35072
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Two married couples are joint owners of a 1 1/4 acre field

This answer was rated:

Two married couples are joint owners of a 1 1/4 acre field of possible building land on the edge of a South Cambridgeshire Village. At their joint request an Estate Agent obtained offers from Builders who will pay for and arrange Planning Approval.
The maximum offer of £525,000 was accepted by couple A, but rejected by couple B who have a bigoted and negative approach. Couple A obtained an independent valuation of £520,000 but couple B are uncooperative and refuse to name an acceptable price. Couple A suspect that couple B now want to hold onto the land for their son to sell at a much later date and seem to be putting up barriers at each stage.
Can Couple A force the £225,000 offer to be accepted?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes Couple A can apply to the court for an Order for the sale of the land at a certain price and if need be ab Order allowing the Judge to sign the necessary documentation.
If they have to make such an application then they can also claim costs
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for a very helpful reply.

This afternoon the Estate Agent presented options from two Development Companies, both of which seem fair and acceptable. If Couple B find fault, as they have done previously, and refuse to take either offer up we may well use your advice.

Very kind regards


You are most welcome - good luck