How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have recently had a mild stroke and as I work alone in remote

This answer was rated:

I have recently had a mild stroke and as I work alone in remote places I may be seen to be unfit for my role (estate worker). will I be entitled to any compensation and what are my rights? Thanks
Thank you for your question.
You are not, as a matter of general law, entitled to compensation for a naturally occurring illness. However, you may have a contractual right to compensation if your employer operates some kind of insurance scheme, for example. You have to look at your terms and conditions of employment.
If you are permanently unfit for work, your employer is entitled to terminate the contract of employment.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you