How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I'm an Event Planner with an established business. I have been

This answer was rated:

I'm an Event Planner with an established business. I have been notified that another company is using my portfolio of work as their own and claiming credit to gain work. What are my rights to stop them?
Thank you for your question.
This company is in breach of copyright in respect of any written materials they are using and they are also guilty of passing off their business as yours. You should have your lawyer issue a cease and desist letter immediately
and if necessary raise court proceedings for injunction and damages.
The injunction is to stop them breaching your copyright and from passing off. The damages would be based on any loss of revenue you have suffered as a result of what they are doing.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


That's brilliant thank you!

What's the best way to find a lawyer? I have phoned a few today but non dealt with that area.

Kind Regards,


You need an intellectual property specialist for this. You could call the Law Society for a recommendation or go to the Law Spciety website.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

You're welcome.