How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10776
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

as the next of kin and the first blood relative and not an

This answer was rated:

as the next of kin and the first blood relative and not an executor of the will what are my rightspersonnel effects and entry to his house to deal with
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Could you please give me a little more information- which relative of yours has died and did he/she make a Will?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My dad's brother who has no wife or children yes they did make a will

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the delay (parents evening).

Could you please let me know if you are the Executor and are you sole beneficiary?

Kind Regards


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I am not the executor and I don't know if I am the sole beneficiary I am the only niece with my children he has a business partner who is the executor. Would his solicitor tell me if I can go into the house and about his personnel belongings as I need his Birth Certificate to regitster his death
Hi Debbie,
I'm afraid only the Executor has the legal right to access the house (he is under a duty to make sure all personal/household items are safe and pass to whoever has been left these items in the Will).
However, it will make sense for you to at least go in the house with the Executor to obtain the birth certificate.
You do therefore need to contact the Solicitor, and he should also be able to confirm to you what you stand to inherit under the Will.
I hope this sets out the legal position and assists you.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your help I will contact him forthwith thanks
Thanks Debbie.
If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.
All the best
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you