How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71043
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi i recently received an email saying i have subscribed to

This answer was rated:

Hi i recently received an email saying i have subscribed to a seedy internet site when i havent. The only times i have entered my bank details online is when ordering food or goods from respected online sites. I have no idea how this particular site got my details and i would like to know where i stand in regards ***** ***** the fraudulent account deleted and reclaiming any monies which have been taken from me. Thank you for your time regarding this matter
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Is this a credit card payment or a debti card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They have my debit card details

Are they UK based?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They appear to be based in the us although im not sure

That isnt particularly good news.
The first option is to report it to your bank as an unrecognised transaction. They will generally cover the loss if the issue is that their security measures have failed.
Failing that, unfortunately this is a debit card so you cannot rely on S75 CCA to make them liable.
Also, if they are based in the US then it will not be cost effective to sue realistically.
I would pursue the matter with your bank as that might well bring about a happy end.
If they are UK based then you can always sue them economically here
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you