How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71128
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi I just just received letter from High Court Enforcement

This answer was rated:

Hi I just just received letter from High Court Enforcement that i owe 7009,05 which i don't know nothing about how to appeal for it because i want to find out why I owe money
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Is this a CCJ? Or a parking fine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its not parking fine its university which i attended 4 years ago

So do they have a CCJ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I have CCJ but i don't know what for my tuition fees were covered by student loans plus i stayed in my property for last 10 years never had single letter plus my mobile number i had it for las 10 years never ever had any phone call from Claimant which is London Metropolitan University

What do i need to do for court to reconsider my case so least i know why I need to pay £7000

Have you checked on Trustoline which is the issuing court?
Or do you have that information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yeah i got info for court which issued

Do the creditors have your address?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yeah their must have my address because i received letter plus i am on land registry i own house

Well they will have your address now but did they know it before ?
Have you kept them aware of where you are living?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When i went to university their knew my address any way if i owned some money to them i am just phone call away, what should i do now is it possible to bring this case to court so i will state my points

But what I need to know is did you update them of your address?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yeah my address hasn't changed since i went to university their got that on their files and also on all paper work like student loans etc same address, i didn't have to update them because my address is same hasn't changed

Ok. I will need a few minutes to type up an answer if that is ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


You need to look at this in two different stages.
Come what may, there is a ccj. The time to dispute the claim is not now.
You can try to get this set aside on the basis that you did not get the summons. You do have a challenge on that basis.
The court will want to know that you kept them advised of your address at all times.
If you do get it set aside they will have to reissue. Then you can contest the matter.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok sounds good but what do i need to do now do i need contact court to ask them to set aside


You can contact the court but you need to use their forms
You can actually make this application using the normal n244 form. They will send it out to you.
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you