How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Im having trouble with a trademan finishing off a job, he has

Customer Question

Im having trouble with a trademan finishing off a job, he has carried out work on my property and done a good job,I made the mistake of trusting him and he did come back to finish some of the skirting so the flooring could be layed, he still has 1 room to put skirting and laying the floor in the hall. I paid him because he said he would come back and now Im having to keep texting him because he wont answer my calls.please help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know where I stand and what action I can take.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You are entitled to get your money back at the very least as you paid upfront for services which have not been rendered.
If you have his address,, I suggest you send him a letter asking for your money back and pointing out that he has failed to keep his part of the bargain and that you may take legal action if he fails to pay up within 7 days.
If he still fails to pay up, you may file a court claim for the money, you may do so online at for amounts up to £100K.
May I help further?