How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi I purchased a 4 warranty for my car and have recently tried

This answer was rated:

Hi I purchased a 4 warranty for my car and have recently tried to claim for the first time. Although I have supplied all the information supplied they are refusing to pay. They are claiming that the vehicle was serviced incorrectly by the dealer who sold me the car. This dealer also acted as an agent for the warranty company and sold me the warranty. The dealer provided an invoice and email starring that the car was sold fully serviced to the manufactures requirements . I paid £750 for the warranty which still has two years to run and is now worthless . I am also out of pocket for the work carried out to repair my car . The warranty company are also claiming that they are not FSO regulated . Can you help me
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know the cost of repair?




Sorry Alex my name is Chris.

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

OK . I have always emailed them before , will that be OK ?

Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for You about this today please?
Alex Watts : Only if they have responded and you have said you will take it to court

OK thank you for that. I will get on to it straight away.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you