How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hiya, I sold a yacht through a broker, the yacht had been out

This answer was rated:

Hiya, I sold a yacht through a broker, the yacht had been out of the UK. The broker told me that the buyer had asked for him to withhold the VAT portion of the sale until I could prove she was considered VAT paid. I successfully proved this 6 months later, however now the broker says that he has spent the money & can't repay me (2500) until april. Should I report him for vat fraud?

Yes, you should report the broker for VAT fraud and you may also take legal action against the broker to get your money back.

The easiest way to do so is online at

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you