How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12086
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I went to confront the guy who cheated on with my girlfriend

Customer Question

I went to confront the guy who cheated on with my girlfriend on me last night, I only wanted to talk when the guys farther and brother suddenly started to lay into me. I obviously acted in self defences.
Since then they have put in a complaint against me to the police claiming me and 5 others attacked them.
Were do I stand ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
Were there any others there?
What precisely happened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had one friend with me only tried to help out when my head was being kicked in.

after i managed to get back to my car they were kicking my car in and also caused damage to my car...

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
This is a question of evidence, both oral and physical.
You have a friend to say there were of you to have a chat with this guy. They attacked you and your car so there will be damage to be seen.
You should put a complaint into the police yourself and that will probably put the police in a situation that they will persuade both sides to stay away from each other in future. That assumes no lasting damage was done. If your injuries are serious then clearly they won't be able to do that.
Happy to discuss further if you have further questions you would like to put to me.