How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Dear Jo.CI am a retired Polish woman . I am 75 years old

This answer was rated:

Dear Jo.C
I am a retired Polish woman . I am 75 years old and I am widowed. I have lived in the UK for eight years. I have Permanent Residency since 2006. Currently I want to apply for a British citizenship. I receive the Polish pension. I want to ask of help in filling out the form AN
I want to add that I never worked in the UK and do not have a National Insurance Number. I will apply for exemption from the knowledge of language & life in the UK test due to age.
It is not clear to me what documents I should join and what I should write in the following points: 1.31, 2.4 , 2.5 , 2.6 , 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 , 3.4, 3.5 and 6.7
Thank you for your help in this matter
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
In respect of the sections you have mentioned you need to answer them as follows:
1.31 - You just state 'not applicable' you should provide evidence of your partner's death certificate if possible, but state in the form that your partner has passed away.
2.4 - As you are retired and receive a polish pension, you need to write in the box the date on which you retired and state that you receive a pension, you should also provide evidence of your pension, by submitting bank statements, letters from your pension provider if possible confirming your pension or when you started drawing your pension.
2.5 - Is not applicable to you.
2.6 - Is not applicable to you.
3.1 - You state 'retired receiving polish pension'
3.2 - Write retired next to the boxes
3.3 - Again you write 'retired'
3.4 - Again you write 'retired'
3.5 - You can write your polish details here ie your mention and tax numbers.
6.7 - You can tick this section and state in the box below that you are retired never worked in the UK and receive your pension from Poland.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so i can get credited for my time.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Thank you for your answer. Everything is very clear! I have one more question only. Could you tell me please if letters from my pension provider confirming my pension can be written in polish language because I have such letters only?

Kind Regards


Thank you for your reply. It's a pleasure.
Yes they can be in polish but I would get these translated by an official translater before sending the letters to the home office.
I hope this answers your question.
Kind regards