How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi I set up a limited company with my friend but due to his

This answer was rated:

I set up a limited company with my friend but due to his behaviour i have separated from the company. I have resigned as a Director but I want the lease checked to make sure i am no longer responsible as i don't believe I am any longer
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Does the lease name the company or directors as tenants please.

the lease is to the company name, he signed and signed as guaratee i signed as witness


shall i upload the pdf pages? there are 15

Alex Watts : Did you sign as guarantee?
Alex Watts : no need to upload just yet

no, the other business partner did

Alex Watts : ok, then you have no liabillity.
Alex Watts : If you have not signed as a tenant or guarantor then there is simply no way you are liable.
Alex Watts : Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

can you check the lease just to check?


i will just load the signature pages if thats easier?


page 1
Full Size Image


page 15
Full Size Image

Alex Watts : Ok in that case you are still fine

So you can confirm as i am no longer a director i am not liable in any way? thanks

Alex Watts : I can confirm you are no longer liable in any way.
Alex Watts : Does that help?

Thats great thanks

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you