How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6464
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

Can I take my employer to court for damages? I was subject

This answer was rated:

Can I take my employer to court for damages? I was subject to a disciplinary hearing on 31/7/14. After a number of adjournments and cancelled and postponed reconvening meetings we had a close out meeting on 24/11/14 some 16 weeks later. 2 weeks on, I am still waiting for the official close out letter and a copy of the notes that were taken.
I have been undergoing counselling for depression for the last 10 weeks due to the lack of communication and action by my employer. I have asked to raise a grievance but they have even made a hash of this meeting and I am being forced to have the meeting out of normal hours in my own time or face a further delay on this.
taratill :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for your employer for?

Customer: 8 years
taratill :

Do you still work for your employer and do you wish to continue working there?

Customer: Yes I still work there but I am now actively seeking other employment. This whole episode has left a sour taste. I understand the need got the process, just can't accept the delay, lack of communication and the impact to my family and my health
taratill :

The only compensation that you can get is in employment law and this would be for constructive dismissal if you can demonstrate that the treatment of the employer is so bad that you have no atlernative but to resign. The only compensation that is available in these circumstances is compensation for economic loss subject to a duty to mitigate your loss

Customer: I had a hunch that may be the case. It's just a shame the can get away with what amounts to bullying. I definitely feel my future is now compromised with them. We are an American company so I can push the ethics stance with the grievance.
Customer: thank you or your help :)
taratill :

I am sorry there is no other claim for damages in this case. You can, of course, raise the ethics stance. All the best with this.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your questions I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you