How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I am a mother to a 12 year old girl that is being bullied at

This answer was rated:

I am a mother to a 12 year old girl that is being bullied at school by girls two years older .This situation is also happening to three of her classmates by the same girls. Myself and the other parents involved have had a meeting with the school and they have set out measures although I am still really worried about if she gets hurt and hoping I don't thump one of girls myself in pure anger .Now I know that is not the correct response but feel very protective towards my child .If this was to happen how would I be treated by the police
My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Have you ever been in trouble with the police before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I have always been law abiding

It's not a pleasant experience and whilst I can understand your frustration and understandable anger at the situation you must not take matters into your own hands for these reasons: you are an adult and liable in criminal law whereas children are treated differently, you could be arrested and charged with assault and end up with a criminal record, your child will end up being stigmatised as a result of your actions. You must let the school deal with this - they have a legal duty to look after your child and their failure to do so could leave them open to complainants/claim for negligence. So whatever you do, do not resort to violence because it will only make the situation worse.
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
How long ago were the anti-bullying measures put in place?