How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

For Aston Lawyer,Thank you for your reply. I have taken

This answer was rated:

For Aston Lawyer,
Thank you for your reply. I have taken out criminal proceedings against the guilty party already which Is why I said that I had contacted the police about the fraud. The item was initially on EBay as a listing but the payment took place via bank wire transfer (I feel like a fool for doing so as I understand this is unsafe to do so with strangers) however, is there a way of reversing the transfer? What legal action can I take in your opinion? Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am interested as I would love to recover the amount of money that I have lost due to an online fraud seller.

I have all his bank details, yet the bank just won't transfer me my money back until they have completed their investigation, which could take forever, therefore I was wondering if you could be of assistance. I shall continue to wait, so go right ahead.

Kind Regards!

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Sadly if you pay by Bank Transfer you can't reverse it. All you can do is report it to the Police and your bank as fraud and let then investigate.
You can't even bring proceedings yourself for the debt in the County Court as you do not have this person's address.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: