How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter's ex boyfriend is refusing to give her back her

This answer was rated:

My daughter's ex boyfriend is refusing to give her back her clothes which he has in his flat. What can she do? Thanks. Robert
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What excuse is he giving for the refusal
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Clare. he is not givingany reasons. He has said she can have them and then is not in when she goes to the flat. How long should she give it?
Best regards
Has she ever gone without notice and be turned away?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes she has.
When did they separate (and are all her belongings there)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
about 3 months ago and its just clothes. Ian
In that case her only real option is to ascribe a value to the clothes and sue her ex for that amount of money using the Small Claims Court
Within that claim she can ask for either the return of the goods OR a the money to replace them.
Not perfect I know - but sadly the only legal option available to her
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you