How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

my mum has recently died my sister has registered her death

Customer Question

my mum has recently died my sister has registered her death using a different middle name to the one on my birth certificate which is the one on all her utility bills medical records and electoral register
i have spoken to the registra who informs me on the original register the sspelling of the middle name is ***** ***** he used the name provided by the infomant however this is not the name she chose to use or was known by people who cared about and knew her for the llast fifty seven years the registra says as i have enough evidence to chang e her middle namebut he wants me to contact her to arrange this so she doesnt go back there shoting at him my sister and i are joint executors of the will but the bad feeling is great between us and i know she will refuse i assisted my mother in all aspects of her life while alive but now in death my sister wants to feel involved
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I would suggest that you contact the General Register Office with evidence that you are the joint exectutor of your mother's estate and the utility bills, electoral roll, medical records etc to prove the correct name used by your late mother. You should get all your supporting documents cerified by a Solicitor and submit these with the application.

The application form is here:

You may indicate to the GRO is you wish to witness the correction to her name or not.

May I help further?