How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

good afternoon , I am not a uk resident and due my medical

Customer Question

good afternoon , I am not a uk resident and due my medical issue am looking British surrogate to have my baby pregnancy period and I need to now exactly rules. how can you help ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What exactly would you like to know please? Have you identified someone in the UK who is willing to be a surrogate mother?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



about my rights and baby and the surrogate right and how this will work

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

In the UK, you cannot pay someone to be your surrogate mother, you may however pay reasonable expenses as the surrogate mother so the person is not left out of pocket.

As a matter of UK law, surrogacy agreements are not enforceable so if the surrogate mother decides to keep the child, you cannot do anything I am afraid, as under UK law, the mother who delivers the baby is the legal parent.

The surrogate mother would need to transfer parental responsibility to you.

You may read more about surrogacy laws in the UK here:

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i understabd now that if she will keep the baby thier is no right ta ask

but if she did not keep the baby ..

and i will have the baby what will be the name of the mather in the official paper .. myself or the surrogate ?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
The surrogate's name will be on the birth certificate, see here