How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

I am a British born citizen, married to a Jamaican citizen.

This answer was rated:

I am a British born citizen, married to a Jamaican citizen. My husband who lives in Jamaica has been involved in a road traffic accident out there. He has two severely broken arms and a broken foot which has been pinned. He is not able to take care of his self or work at this moment in time and need family support which can only be given to him over here.
How do I apply for an emergency visa?
Would he be able to receive medical treatment over here?
How long would any process take?
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
1. You can try and apply, and give reasons why you wish for the visa process to be expedited, you would require a letter from the doctor confirming what you have stated and the urgent need for your husband to be in the UK an obtain treatment.
2. If he is coming to the UK simply to receive medical treatment then he would need to apply for a medical treatment visa using the link below, the medical treatment received must be private:
3. As stated at point 1, the process can be expedited depending on the reasons given but it can take around 3-4 weeks for a visit visa application or medical visa application to be decided.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I apply for a residential visa,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes he can apply for a spouse visa to join you in the UK, you would however, need to ensure that you meet the financial requirements of £18,600.00 gross for the previous 6 months. You would need to provide evidence that you are married and evidence that you have been keeping in contact with your spouse.
His visa will be issued for 2.5 years. You can apply using the following link:
I hope this clarifies the matter.
Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you