Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
This case involves an application for a child arrangements order S8. The Judge ordered that "parties exchange statements of their evidence by the 12th. There is a Child Protection process in place and the Local authority had scheduled it for march 2015. This was changed to 7th January 2015. I need to ask the Court to defer this 12th exchange of documents till after this case conference as it seems that the Local Authority wants to make a decision if the children need to be under this any more. I need to know which document to file to request this extension. I have received the document on the 8th December from the Local Authority detailing the change of date of this case conference.
The Court would not have known about this matter as it was decided a few weeks (18th November) after the date that the directions were made.
They were but there was a controversy about the Section Seven and the Judge required the Social Worker to explain her report and in particular why she seemed to be making allegations without providing proof. The council has then issued a letter saying they want to reconsider if the children are at risk and called the urgent Case Conference.
I have no way of answering this question as this matter and the evidence issues are complicated by the facts. From the outset the matter was based on a controversy in which the police intervened which gave basis for the removal of my son to his mother and the case conference. The police side turned out to be a fraud. The case conference was based on the police investigation that I was a pedophile. The case conference also followed claims from the mother that I was involved in domestic abuse and that the children where in fact at risk of emotional harm. None of that was true. After prolonged argument the Council appears to be withdrawing from th case regarding the matter of the apparent danger to my children. This leaves the issue of where the children should live. I would like to have a clear idea what the Case Conference will decide as the Court wants to have the Social Worker that produced the reports that have diminished my chances of being the carer of my children. The children have always been cared for by me. However by the matters above they removed my youngest son 7 and the older one despite cohesion refused to stay with his mother. Therefore this case conference is extremely important to this case as without it my children would still be living at home with me. Access to the children would have been agreed with their mother on the basis that she would have the right to see them when she likes but their home would not have changed.
Sorry Clare something wrong with this Chat process. I am not getting alerted to your reply for hours
Child was removed in the first week of June 2014
UPDATE on discussions on the matter of the request for and extension
I have got agreement from the Applicant who is their mother to ask for an extension to the filing . I told her that I will be asking for a date at the end of January or early February to allow me to get legal advise and related matters. I need to know which form I will use at the end of this discussion and how you feel I should approach this matter. I am also looking at appointing a Solicitor to handle this matter in 2015. This is a matter I will also address in the application.