How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Hi That was quick! I have £10K of bonds in a company called

This answer was rated:

Hi That was quick! I have £10K of bonds in a company called Merchant Turnaround Plc. They disappeared without without trace, then my Stockbroker was shut by the FCA for misconduct. I have tried to get money back from the FSCS but they say there is no evidence of negligence on the part of the Stockbroker and Merchant Turnaround were not FSA regulated. Now the company has admitted its new address but does not respond to letters. I am told that about half its funds may still exist, so how can I get some money back without running up huge legal bills? Would a Small Claims Court be able to help? Kind Regards Stephen
Alex Watts :

Hello Stephen my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Thanks Alex, That seems to answer my question. I shall follow this up as you suggest. Many thanks.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you