How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Can I add my money to my fathers to buy a property and get

This answer was rated:

Can I add my money to my fathers to buy a property and get a mortgauge to enable me to buy a bigger place ? I have 50,000 he has 200 but would like to borrow extra to buy a place for around 300k. Whose name would the property need to be in ?
LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this.

LondonlawyerJ :

There is no rule against you and your father buying a place together to make your money go further. There are many different arrangements that you and your father could put in place but the only sensible way to deal with this is to discuss matters face to face with a solicitor. Most solicitors who undertake conveyancing work would be able to help. Something you may want to consider is that your father is likely to predecease you and his share in the property may well be a significant part of his estate. You might want to think carefully in advance what will happen to that upon his death.

LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you